New "Small Grant": Certificate of Advanced Studies in Environmental Diplomacy 2007 – 28.02.07
The United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP), the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and the University of Geneva have developed an Environmental Diplomacy Training Programme within the framework of the Geneva International Academic Network (GIAN) "Small Grants" programme.
The programme is designed for present or future diplomats, negotiators, policy and decision-makers in governments, regional intergovernmental bodies, local authorities, the private sector, NGOs, trade unions and UN bodies. High-level speakers and leading figures in environmental diplomacy will lecture during the course.
The topics that will be covered include:
- Sustainable development, environmental law and policy;
- Ethics, religion and science for environmental diplomacy;
- Energy, climate change and biodiversity;
- Trade and environment;
- Human health, chemicals and wastes;
- Civil society and public participation;
- Environmental security and environmental governance.
The programme will consist of:
- A distance learning session (1 May – 25 July 2007);
- An intensive two-week course (27 July – 10 August 2007);
- The preparation of a thesis (to be completed by 31 December 2007).
Registration deadline: 25 March 2007
More information can be found at:
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Environmental Diplomacy 2007
(available in English only)